Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thin Blood

It's 79 degrees and I'm pulling out the fleece.

I'm actually glad they've switched off the chiller in the pool and switched on the heat. I can exercise outside during the day so long as I either ride bikes or stay in the shade. We're going to have to start using sunscreen, which we haven't had to do so far because the sun was so painfully strong even the kids hid from it. The cold water tap actually runs somewhat cool; I don't have to put ice in the bathtub to prevent the kids from being scalded. We sleep without the A/C blowing at us. It's the beginning of the growing season, so I planted some annuals in the back garden. Nothing fancy - just vinca, petunias, and dianthus. But things are getting greener (where there are irrigation tubes).

This is very nice.

Now if I could only get a good steak...